"We May Not Have It Together, But Together We Have It All"

Monday, March 21, 2011

Home Improvements

Getting very excited for the next few weekends. This weekend we will be heading to Sutherlands to buy paint so we can brighten up our dinning room and hallway walls and have something other than white baseboards, because I am lazy when it comes to cleaning them. Sutherlands' brand of paint is buy 1 get 1 free for the next little while, so we are taking advantage. Cannot wait!! I thought I liked the dark brown walls, but they are just too dark and depressing. It makes it seem like the walls are closing in on you, and there is NEVER enough light. We are also going to be measuring the square footage of our home to get new siding. We are putting it on ourselves. Had to make a claim with our insurance, but oh well. The aluminum siding is NOT quality and the wind is just too crazy to have that stuff on our house. We've lost multiple pieces. Hopefully we will have enough money to do the whole house. Especially considering that we are waiting to buy the siding until April 16th. It's Sutherland's anniversary sale and if you go between 4am and 7am, everything is 20% off. Definitely taking advantage of that!!!

This past weekend, Brett's dad and brother, Cody, came and helped us put the baseboards in Hunter's room (FINALLY). We had hoped we would have enough for the computer room too, but no such luck. Once we get a new vent cover for the hallway we will be able to finish the ones in the hallway. I think we will wait to do the computer room once we are ready to move Hunter into it, since we will hopefully be having another baby next year.

Also, this past weekend, I got the yard mostly cleaned up and ready to try to bring our grass back to life! Hopefully it works this year. Last year the problem was me, but hopefully I will be better this year. I also got most of the shingles and nails picked up from when we tore them off our roof last summer. Kinda late? Yeah, I know. It was hard with a little baby then. He never napped very long, so I didn't get much done, then it got cold and snowed. But he has gotten lots better, and will even sit and play in the playpen while I work. Anyways, I have a little bit more to clean up, but it will get done very soon. Then we can start pulling the car up rather than behind the other one.

And now, other than this quick break I took to write this, I am busy cleaning. But I think I'm going to have to take a break from that too, because Hunter is Freaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment