"We May Not Have It Together, But Together We Have It All"

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Our new year started out very well! Brett was not laid off! We have breathed a HUGE sigh of relief and said many grateful prayers! Unfortunately, they are talking of another layoff in March. But we are hoping and praying that Brett finds another job before then, and if not, then we will hope that Heavenly Father intervenes in our behalf a third time. Brett gets online and checks for jobs everyday when he gets home and asks everyone he knows if they've heard of anything. Our faith and his diligence will pay off.
This past year seems to have gone by so quickly! I can't believe that Hunter is a year and a half and going to Nursery. The first day was a breeze, but the subsequent Sundays have not been so easy. Once he's in there and I am gone and he figures out that he can play and color, he LOVES it! It's just the drop off that is rough. Today I could hear him screaming from the Primary room, which, of course, broke my heart.

Hunter seems to learn more each day. I am amazed at how smart he is, and how observant. He really picks up on SO much and I love watching him. Even is he drives me a little crazy. I sometimes think we are a little too similar.
Brett has continued to work hard and be a good example to me and to our son. Hunter tries to imitate him all the time. I love that my little boy wants to be just like his Daddy. Brett also became the primary teacher for our ward's Gospel Principles class, and I have really enjoyed watching him leran and grow in the gospel through the lessons he teaches each week.
I have been a busy Momma. Just staying home and taking care of Hunter, the dogs, and the house, has been a thousand jobs in one. One new development of last year: my friend, Lindsey, and I have started an online shop where we hope to sell hand made baby blankets and other accessories. If we can make a nice profit, that would be great, but just starting to crochet more and trying my hand at new things is great as well. The site is http://stitchesoflove.bigcartel.com/ .

And that is pretty much our year in review.

No comments:

Post a Comment